Joy's Recipes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joy's Recipes

Welcome To Joy's Recipes a place to post all your favourite recipe's.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» LAMB CHOPS AND SAVOURY RICE - PRESSURE COOKER
OVEN ROASTED SWEET POTATOES WITH A HONEYED TAHNI DRIZZLE I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2024 1:25 am by Joy

» PICKLED FISH
OVEN ROASTED SWEET POTATOES WITH A HONEYED TAHNI DRIZZLE I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 10:43 am by Joy

» OVEN ROASTED SWEET POTATOES WITH A HONEYED TAHNI DRIZZLE
OVEN ROASTED SWEET POTATOES WITH A HONEYED TAHNI DRIZZLE I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2024 5:50 am by Joy

» 4 INGREDIENT STICKY RIBS
OVEN ROASTED SWEET POTATOES WITH A HONEYED TAHNI DRIZZLE I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2024 8:18 am by Joy

» EASY FISH PICCATA
OVEN ROASTED SWEET POTATOES WITH A HONEYED TAHNI DRIZZLE I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2024 9:04 pm by Joy

» SHEET PAN GNOCCHI WITH ROASTED VEGETABLES
OVEN ROASTED SWEET POTATOES WITH A HONEYED TAHNI DRIZZLE I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2024 5:24 am by Joy

» EASY BABA GANOUSH
OVEN ROASTED SWEET POTATOES WITH A HONEYED TAHNI DRIZZLE I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2023 4:17 am by Joy

» ORANGE AND POMEGRANATE SALAD
OVEN ROASTED SWEET POTATOES WITH A HONEYED TAHNI DRIZZLE I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2023 1:03 am by Joy

» VEGETARIAN STUFFED PEPPERS WITH BASIL VINAIGRETTE
OVEN ROASTED SWEET POTATOES WITH A HONEYED TAHNI DRIZZLE I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2023 12:50 am by Joy

OVEN ROASTED SWEET POTATOES WITH A HONEYED TAHNI DRIZZLE

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Joy

Joy

OVEN ROASTED SWEET POTATOES WITH A HONEYED TAHNI DRIZZLE Empty
PostSubject: OVEN ROASTED SWEET POTATOES WITH A HONEYED TAHNI DRIZZLE   OVEN ROASTED SWEET POTATOES WITH A HONEYED TAHNI DRIZZLE I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2024 5:50 am

I am hooked!!  I reduce the honey a little as I do not like it too sweet.  You do you.  

* Extra virgin olive oil
* 3 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed, dried and cut into ¾ inch (2cm) thick rounds – I peeled the sweet potatoes
* Himalayan/Celtic Salt
* ½ cup tahini, well stirred
* ¼ cup honey
* ¼ sesame seeds

Preheat oven to 200c.  Line a sheet pan with foil and brush generously with olive oil.

Arrange the rounds in the prepared pan in a single layer. Generously brush the tops of the rounds with olive oil and season with a big pinch of salt (about ½ teaspoon). Cover the pan tightly with another piece of foil. Roast covered in foil for 30 minutes, then remove the top foil and roast until the bottoms turn golden brown, another 15 to 20 minutes.  Use tongs to carefully flip the rounds over. Return to the oven until the second side is also golden brown, about 10 minutes or so. When finished, the potatoes should be melty-tender and charred nicely on both sides. Remove from the oven and set the pan aside to cool for 5 minutes.

Toast the sesame seeds while the potatoes roast, pour the sesame seeds into a small, dry pan and set over medium-low heat. Swirl until golden and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate to avoid overcooking them.

In a small bowl, stir the tahini and honey until well combined.

Use a spatula to transfer the sweet potato rounds to a serving platter. Drizzle on the honeyed tahini and sprinkle the toasted sesame seeds over top. Serve.
Back to top Go down
http://www.progesterone-info.com

OVEN ROASTED SWEET POTATOES WITH A HONEYED TAHNI DRIZZLE
Page 1 of 1