Joy's Recipes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joy's Recipes

Welcome To Joy's Recipes a place to post all your favourite recipe's.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» LAMB CHOPS AND SAVOURY RICE - PRESSURE COOKER
VEGETARIAN STUFFED PEPPERS WITH BASIL VINAIGRETTE I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2024 1:25 am by Joy

» PICKLED FISH
VEGETARIAN STUFFED PEPPERS WITH BASIL VINAIGRETTE I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 10:43 am by Joy

» OVEN ROASTED SWEET POTATOES WITH A HONEYED TAHNI DRIZZLE
VEGETARIAN STUFFED PEPPERS WITH BASIL VINAIGRETTE I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2024 5:50 am by Joy

» 4 INGREDIENT STICKY RIBS
VEGETARIAN STUFFED PEPPERS WITH BASIL VINAIGRETTE I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2024 8:18 am by Joy

» EASY FISH PICCATA
VEGETARIAN STUFFED PEPPERS WITH BASIL VINAIGRETTE I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2024 9:04 pm by Joy

» SHEET PAN GNOCCHI WITH ROASTED VEGETABLES
VEGETARIAN STUFFED PEPPERS WITH BASIL VINAIGRETTE I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2024 5:24 am by Joy

» EASY BABA GANOUSH
VEGETARIAN STUFFED PEPPERS WITH BASIL VINAIGRETTE I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2023 4:17 am by Joy

» ORANGE AND POMEGRANATE SALAD
VEGETARIAN STUFFED PEPPERS WITH BASIL VINAIGRETTE I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2023 1:03 am by Joy

» VEGETARIAN STUFFED PEPPERS WITH BASIL VINAIGRETTE
VEGETARIAN STUFFED PEPPERS WITH BASIL VINAIGRETTE I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2023 12:50 am by Joy

VEGETARIAN STUFFED PEPPERS WITH BASIL VINAIGRETTE

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Joy

Joy

VEGETARIAN STUFFED PEPPERS WITH BASIL VINAIGRETTE Empty
PostSubject: VEGETARIAN STUFFED PEPPERS WITH BASIL VINAIGRETTE   VEGETARIAN STUFFED PEPPERS WITH BASIL VINAIGRETTE I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2023 12:50 am

These stuffed bell peppers are a crowd-pleaser! Bell peppers are roasted until tender, and then filled with an herby warm orzo pasta. Five bell peppers will serve up to 10 people as a side, and 5 people as a main dish.

⅓ cup Basil Vinaigrette, plus more to taste - recipe below
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing the peppers
5 large bell peppers, any colour, halved lengthwise, cored and seeded
2 teaspoons dried oregano
½ teaspoon Himalayan/Celtic salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
¾ cup uncooked orzo pasta
¼ cup toasted pine nuts, optional
1 cup chickpeas, cooked from scratch or canned
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1 large shallot/small onion minced
¼ cup chopped pitted kalamata olives
⅓ cup crumbled creamy feta cheese

Instructions
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Position a rack in the centre of the oven and preheat to 200C. Brush a large baking dish with a thin layer of olive oil. Roast the peppers. Brush the peppers generously on all sides with olive oil and arrange them in the prepared baking dish with the cut side facing up. Season with the oregano, salt and pepper. Roast until tender, 30 to 35 minutes.

Cook the orzo in the boiling salted water according to the package instructions or until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain well.

Toast the pine nuts (optional). In a small skillet set over medium heat, add the pine nuts. Stir or toss until the nuts are fragrant and lightly golden, about 5 minutes. Stay nearby and stir frequently, as nuts can go from toasted to burnt in the time it takes to wash your hands.

In a medium bowl, combine the drained orzo, chickpeas, tomatoes, shallot/onion, olives, and toasted pine nuts (if using). Drizzle with the ⅓ cup of basil vinaigrette and toss to combine. Taste and add more of the vinaigrette to your liking.

When the peppers are tender, remove them from your oven and transfer to a serving platter. Spoon the orzo mixture into each pepper half. Sprinkle with feta and serve.

Basil Vinaigrette

Try this versatile vinaigrette in all sorts of salads, baked chicken, or even fish. It is so easy to make, and tastes sort of like basil pesto in a vinaigrette - so zesty and fresh! Blanch the basil leaves before whizzing it up in a food processor, you'll help it keep its vibrant green colour! This recipe makes ¾ to 1 cup of basil vinaigrette.

2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
1 medium shallot, roughly chopped - or half an onion
1 large garlic clove
Juice of 1 lime or lemon, about 2 tablespoons
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
Himalayan/Celtic salt

Fill a medium bowl with ice cubes and water and set it next to the stove. Fill a small saucepan about three-fourths full of water. Bring the water to boil over medium-high heat. Add the basil and cook for 10 seconds. Using a slotted spoon, immediately transfer the basil to the bowl of ice water and let cool for 5 minutes. Using the slotted spoon, remove the basil from the ice water, wrap the wilted basil in a paper towel, and squeeze to wring out as much water as possible.
Place the blanched basil, the shallot, garlic, lime juice, vinegar, olive oil, and red pepper flakes in the bowl of a small food processor fitted with the multipurpose blade. Blend until well combined and smooth.

Season to taste with salt and refrigerate in a tightly closed mason jar for up to 4 days.
Back to top Go down
http://www.progesterone-info.com

VEGETARIAN STUFFED PEPPERS WITH BASIL VINAIGRETTE
Page 1 of 1