Joy's Recipes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joy's Recipes

Welcome To Joy's Recipes a place to post all your favourite recipe's.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» FRENCH LENTIL SALAD
GIGANTES PLAKI - GREEK STYLE BAKED BEANS I_icon_minitimeToday at 6:01 am by Joy

» GIGANTES PLAKI - GREEK STYLE BAKED BEANS
GIGANTES PLAKI - GREEK STYLE BAKED BEANS I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 1:44 am by Joy

» LAMB CHOPS AND SAVOURY RICE - PRESSURE COOKER
GIGANTES PLAKI - GREEK STYLE BAKED BEANS I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2024 1:25 am by Joy

» PICKLED FISH
GIGANTES PLAKI - GREEK STYLE BAKED BEANS I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 10:43 am by Joy

» OVEN ROASTED SWEET POTATOES WITH A HONEYED TAHNI DRIZZLE
GIGANTES PLAKI - GREEK STYLE BAKED BEANS I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2024 5:50 am by Joy

» 4 INGREDIENT STICKY RIBS
GIGANTES PLAKI - GREEK STYLE BAKED BEANS I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2024 8:18 am by Joy

» EASY FISH PICCATA
GIGANTES PLAKI - GREEK STYLE BAKED BEANS I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2024 9:04 pm by Joy

» SHEET PAN GNOCCHI WITH ROASTED VEGETABLES
GIGANTES PLAKI - GREEK STYLE BAKED BEANS I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2024 5:24 am by Joy

» EASY BABA GANOUSH
GIGANTES PLAKI - GREEK STYLE BAKED BEANS I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2023 4:17 am by Joy

GIGANTES PLAKI - GREEK STYLE BAKED BEANS

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Joy

Joy

GIGANTES PLAKI - GREEK STYLE BAKED BEANS Empty
PostSubject: GIGANTES PLAKI - GREEK STYLE BAKED BEANS   GIGANTES PLAKI - GREEK STYLE BAKED BEANS I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 1:44 am

Wow.  I am a meat eater, no doubt about that but I decided to try this recipe last night.  Wow is correct.  It is delicious and will definitely become a firm favourite.  Thank you Suzi.
Source - ThMediterraneandish.com

1 large carrot, peeled and roughly chopped
1 celery stalk, roughly chopped
2 large garlic cloves, minced
Kosher salt
I can diced tomatoes, with juices plus 6 tablespoons water
¼ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley, plus more for garnish
½ tablespoon fresh thyme leaves – I used Zaatar
¾ teaspoon dried oregano
¼ to ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
⅛ to ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 dried bay leaf
1 can butter beans, drained and rinsed (or the largest beans you can find)
Creamy feta cheese, crumbled before serving (optional)
Rustic bread, for serving (optional)

Instructions

Preheat oven: Position a rack in the centre of the oven and preheat the oven to 200c.

Saute the vegetables: In a large oven-safe skillet (oven proof pan) set over medium-high heat, add ⅛ cup olive oil. Once the oil shimmers, add the onion, carrot, celery, and garlic. Season with a pinch of salt (about ¼ teaspoon). Cook, stirring frequently, until the vegetables soften, 5-7 minutes.
Add the tomatoes and spices: Add the tomatoes with their juices and the water. Season with another pinch of salt (about ¼ teaspoon). Add the parsley, thyme, oregano, red pepper flakes, black pepper, cinnamon, and bay leaf.

Add the beans: Stir in the beans and cook for 5 minutes over high heat. At this point, taste and adjust the seasoning to your liking, then transfer the mixture to the oven and bake until thickened and the top layer turns a light golden brown, 20 to 30 minutes.
Finish and serve: Remove and discard the bay leaf. Finish the dish with a drizzle of olive oil, a pinch of parsley, and a good sprinkle of feta. Serve with rustic bread.
Back to top Go down
http://www.progesterone-info.com

GIGANTES PLAKI - GREEK STYLE BAKED BEANS
Page 1 of 1