Joy's Recipes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joy's Recipes

Welcome To Joy's Recipes a place to post all your favourite recipe's.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» LAMB CHOPS AND SAVOURY RICE - PRESSURE COOKER
GRILLED COURGETTES (BABY MARROW) WITH WARM YOGHURT AND SAFFRON BUTTER  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2024 1:25 am by Joy

» PICKLED FISH
GRILLED COURGETTES (BABY MARROW) WITH WARM YOGHURT AND SAFFRON BUTTER  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 10:43 am by Joy

» OVEN ROASTED SWEET POTATOES WITH A HONEYED TAHNI DRIZZLE
GRILLED COURGETTES (BABY MARROW) WITH WARM YOGHURT AND SAFFRON BUTTER  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2024 5:50 am by Joy

» 4 INGREDIENT STICKY RIBS
GRILLED COURGETTES (BABY MARROW) WITH WARM YOGHURT AND SAFFRON BUTTER  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2024 8:18 am by Joy

» EASY FISH PICCATA
GRILLED COURGETTES (BABY MARROW) WITH WARM YOGHURT AND SAFFRON BUTTER  I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2024 9:04 pm by Joy

» SHEET PAN GNOCCHI WITH ROASTED VEGETABLES
GRILLED COURGETTES (BABY MARROW) WITH WARM YOGHURT AND SAFFRON BUTTER  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2024 5:24 am by Joy

» EASY BABA GANOUSH
GRILLED COURGETTES (BABY MARROW) WITH WARM YOGHURT AND SAFFRON BUTTER  I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2023 4:17 am by Joy

» ORANGE AND POMEGRANATE SALAD
GRILLED COURGETTES (BABY MARROW) WITH WARM YOGHURT AND SAFFRON BUTTER  I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2023 1:03 am by Joy

» VEGETARIAN STUFFED PEPPERS WITH BASIL VINAIGRETTE
GRILLED COURGETTES (BABY MARROW) WITH WARM YOGHURT AND SAFFRON BUTTER  I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2023 12:50 am by Joy

GRILLED COURGETTES (BABY MARROW) WITH WARM YOGHURT AND SAFFRON BUTTER

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Joy

Joy

GRILLED COURGETTES (BABY MARROW) WITH WARM YOGHURT AND SAFFRON BUTTER  Empty
PostSubject: GRILLED COURGETTES (BABY MARROW) WITH WARM YOGHURT AND SAFFRON BUTTER    GRILLED COURGETTES (BABY MARROW) WITH WARM YOGHURT AND SAFFRON BUTTER  I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2021 7:17 am

I have always loved Yotam Ottolenghi, I love him even more now! A few friends joined me for lunch today and I made this recipe.  It is DELICIOUS, I actually licked the dish afterwards.  IMHO saffron is the must overrated spice.  I just don't get it.  It is ridiculously expensive and to me, no taste at all.  I would definitely use turmeric next time.  I had just bought a punnet of mixed marrows which consisted of baby marrow, yellow patty pans and baby gems.  It worked perfectly.

This dish is inspired by kousa b’laban, a Middle Eastern dish of stuffed baby marrow cooked in yoghurt sauce. This simplified version involves serving the warm sauce and grilled courgettes separately, with a quick saffron butter to spoon on top. If you don’t have saffron, a pinch of turmeric will do. Serve as a starter, or as a side for grilled meat or fish.

Ingredients

* 30g unsalted butter
* ¼ tsp saffron threads, roughly crushed
*  4 baby marrows or 4 small courgettes, tops trimmed slightly, then halved lengthways (600g net weight)
* 2½ tbsp olive oil
* Salt and black pepper
* 1 tsp cornflour
* 300g Greek-style yoghurt
* 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
* ½ tsp dried mint
* ¾ tsp coriander seeds, toasted and roughly crushed in a mortar
* 1½ tbsp picked mint leaves
* ½ lemon

Heat the grill to a high setting. Put the butter and saffron in a small saucepan, melt on a medium heat, then set aside to infuse while you get on with everything else.

Put the marrow or courgettes on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper, add two tablespoons of oil, a third of a teaspoon of salt and a good grind of black pepper, and toss to combine. Arrange cut side up on the tray, then grill for 15-20 minutes, until nicely charred and softened.

Towards the last 10 minutes of the grilling time, make the sauce. In a large bowl, whisk the cornflour and three tablespoons of water until smooth, then add the yoghurt, garlic, dried mint, remaining half-tablespoon of oil and a half-teaspoon of salt. Whisk to combine, then transfer to a large, non-stick sauté pan on a medium heat. Cook, stirring continuously, for about 10 minutes, or until thickened slightly and warmed through. Do not let it boil, or it will split.

Transfer the warm yoghurt sauce to a plate with a lip and top with the courgettes, arranging them grilled side up. Spoon over the saffron butter, then sprinkle with the coriander seeds and mint leaves. Squeeze over the lemon half and serve right away.

So, so good!!  bounce bounce bounce cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.progesterone-info.com
Joy

Joy

GRILLED COURGETTES (BABY MARROW) WITH WARM YOGHURT AND SAFFRON BUTTER  Empty
PostSubject: AIR FRYER ROASTED CAULIFLOWER AND LEMON HEBB TAHINI SAUCE   GRILLED COURGETTES (BABY MARROW) WITH WARM YOGHURT AND SAFFRON BUTTER  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2022 7:29 am

Correction - should read HERB TAHINI SAUCE.

I still can't work out how to edit this thing after so many years!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.progesterone-info.com

GRILLED COURGETTES (BABY MARROW) WITH WARM YOGHURT AND SAFFRON BUTTER
Page 1 of 1