By now you should know that I love pickles of any kind. You have to try this delicious recipe! I have served this to so many of my guests and the ALL love them.
• 1 punnet baby marrows (courgettes) quartered lengthways
• 1 punnet yellow patty pans, quartered through the stem end
• 1 green bell pepper cut into strips
• 2 red bell peppers cut into strips or use yellow or one of each
• 1 chilli, finely sliced
• 4 medium carrots, quartered lengthwaysPickling Liquid
• 1 cup (250ml) each of wine vinegar or cider vinegar, water and white sugar
• 1T (15ml) English mustard powder
• 1T (15ml) seasoned sea salt or salt – I always use pink salt
• ½ (2,5ml) crushed black pepper
• 3 cloves garlic, crushed
• ¼ cup (62,5ml) olive oil
Bring the pickling liquid to a rapid boil. Add the mustard, salt and pepper, add the vegetables and boil for 3 minutes. Pack into a clean, glass container and seal immediately. May be eaten after 6 hours, but best used the next day. Keeps in fridge for 2 weeks.