Makes 2 cups of sauce.
Pre-prepare this sauce the day before.
• ½ cup (75g) dried cranberries
• 1 x 410g tin of black cherries
• 2t (10ml) grated lemon rind
• 3T (30ml) sugar
• Pinch of salt
• 1 apple, grated with skin on
• Sherry or Brandy to taste – optional
In a medium size saucepan, mix the cranberries with the whole tin (juice and all) of cherries. Add the lemon rind, juice, sugar and salt. Leave to stand at room temperature for 30-45 minutes to allow the cranberries to swell.
Add the apple and bring to the boil for 10-12 minutes. Taste for sweet and sour - the sauce must have a nice balance.
Serve with the turkey or pork.