Joy's Recipes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joy's Recipes

Welcome To Joy's Recipes a place to post all your favourite recipe's.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» PICKLED FISH
AUBERGINE & CHICKEN BREAST STACKS SERVED WITH PARMESAN CREAM & BASIL PESTO I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:43 am by Joy

» OVEN ROASTED SWEET POTATOES WITH A HONEYED TAHNI DRIZZLE
AUBERGINE & CHICKEN BREAST STACKS SERVED WITH PARMESAN CREAM & BASIL PESTO I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2024 5:50 am by Joy

» 4 INGREDIENT STICKY RIBS
AUBERGINE & CHICKEN BREAST STACKS SERVED WITH PARMESAN CREAM & BASIL PESTO I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2024 8:18 am by Joy

» EASY FISH PICCATA
AUBERGINE & CHICKEN BREAST STACKS SERVED WITH PARMESAN CREAM & BASIL PESTO I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2024 9:04 pm by Joy

» SHEET PAN GNOCCHI WITH ROASTED VEGETABLES
AUBERGINE & CHICKEN BREAST STACKS SERVED WITH PARMESAN CREAM & BASIL PESTO I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2024 5:24 am by Joy

» EASY BABA GANOUSH
AUBERGINE & CHICKEN BREAST STACKS SERVED WITH PARMESAN CREAM & BASIL PESTO I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2023 4:17 am by Joy

» ORANGE AND POMEGRANATE SALAD
AUBERGINE & CHICKEN BREAST STACKS SERVED WITH PARMESAN CREAM & BASIL PESTO I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2023 1:03 am by Joy

» VEGETARIAN STUFFED PEPPERS WITH BASIL VINAIGRETTE
AUBERGINE & CHICKEN BREAST STACKS SERVED WITH PARMESAN CREAM & BASIL PESTO I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2023 12:50 am by Joy

» EASY BLISTERED TOMATO BRUSCHETTA
AUBERGINE & CHICKEN BREAST STACKS SERVED WITH PARMESAN CREAM & BASIL PESTO I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 18, 2023 11:55 pm by Joy

AUBERGINE & CHICKEN BREAST STACKS SERVED WITH PARMESAN CREAM & BASIL PESTO

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Joy

Joy

AUBERGINE & CHICKEN BREAST STACKS SERVED WITH PARMESAN CREAM & BASIL PESTO Empty
PostSubject: AUBERGINE & CHICKEN BREAST STACKS SERVED WITH PARMESAN CREAM & BASIL PESTO   AUBERGINE & CHICKEN BREAST STACKS SERVED WITH PARMESAN CREAM & BASIL PESTO I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 9:12 am

Mr friend Schroeder Mcsoak requested something with a difference, so here it is!! This is a Jenny Morris recipe (Giggling Gourmet) and it is superb - A MUST!! Serve with fresh ciabatta and a huge salad. I serve this with brown caraway seed loaf with finely grated cheddar cheese. I think I have posted the loaf already, if not will do so.

Personal message to Schroeder! If you don't like aubergines LEARN to like them, you will love this recipe.

• 12 thick slices of aubergine (brinjal) sliced lengthways, with skin on
• Olive oil for cooking
• 4 plump chicken breast fillets, skin off
• 8 slices fresh ripe tomatoes
• Good hand full of wild rocket
• 4 tablespoons basil pesto
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Oil soak (McSoak) for Chicken

• ½ cup olive oil
• 3 cloves garlic, crushed
• 1 tablespoon lemon zest
• Freshly ground black pepper
• 2 teaspoons fresh lemon thyme, chopped

Mix the oil soak and add the chicken breasts. Coat well and marinade for at least 4 hours, overnight is best. Lightly salt the aubergine slices, place in a colander and drain for about 30 minutes. Rinse well and pat dry with paper towel. Brush each slice on both sides with olive oil and cook in a ribbed pan or bake in oven. DO NOT overcook. Keep warm.

Preheat oven to 180c. Season chicken breast with salt and pan fry in a little olive oil until lightly brown. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.

Build your stack
• Slice chicken breasts in two lengthways
• Place an aubergine slice on a plate and spread with 1 ½ teaspoons pesto
• Place a slice of chicken breast on the aubergine and add some rocket, add another slice of aubergine, smear with 1 ½ teaspoon pesto. Add one or two slices of tomato on top of the aubergine then add final chicken breast, add more rocket and end off with a slice of aubergine.
• Pour over some Parmesan cream and garnish with more rocket and shavings of Parmesan.

PARMESAN CREAM – makes about 400ml
• 15g butter
• 15g flour
• 300ml milk
• ½ teaspoon Dijoin mustard (optional)
• 250ml grated Parmesan cheese
• 15ml fresh cream
• Salt and black pepper

Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the flour and cook, stirring for about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat when the mixture begins to bubble. Add the milk gradually, stirring all the time. Return the pan to the heat and cook stirring all the time until the sauce begins to thicken, about 2 minutes. Add the mustard and the cheese stirring until the cheese has melted. Do not let the sauce boil. Add salt and pepper to taste and stir in the cream. Serve immediately.
Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.progesterone-info.com

AUBERGINE & CHICKEN BREAST STACKS SERVED WITH PARMESAN CREAM & BASIL PESTO
Page 1 of 1